Healing headaches and mastering migraines
Research shows that a migraine attack often follows a stressful event or a rough day by about 48-72 hours. If you are prone to this nervous system stress response, what can you do to avoid headaches in the first place? How do you soften the symptoms once the pain has already started? Either way, you need to allow the nervous system to rest and reboot.
If you know your migraine triggers, these three natural interventions are effective for avoiding a headache in the first place:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate – Before you do anything else, drink water with lemon. Lemon helps with rapid hydration. Skip the coffee, tea or any foods containing MSG.
- Magnesium Magic – I recommend loading up on Calm.
- Full Spectrum Healing – Follow the Nectar Essences Headache Protocol: Mix 20 drops of calm, relief and 20 drops of focus, brain boost together for migraine (10 drops of each for headache) to create the Migraine Remedy. Both calm, relief & focus, brain-boost contain anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and vasodilating essential oils. Either oil by itself can be very helpful for a headache. For migraines, you must combine the two to get the best results. Follow the steps below.
What you should expect from the Migraine Remedy:
- Cooling sensation
- Relief from nausea or upset stomach
- Looser, relaxed muscles, less physical tension
- Emotional calm
- Deepened breath, which translates to relaxation
Both calm, relief and focus, brain boost contain powerful natural analgesics and anti-inflammatory essential oils including peppermint, spearmint, rosemary (verbenone), sage, mandarin, blood orange, and lemon. The oils help support vasodilation, lymphatic drainage, and deep relaxation.
Flower essences in calm, relief (asteraceae (vernonia escorpioides), agrimony(agrimonia eupatoria), sweet chestnut (castanea sativa, rock water (aqua petra), pepper (piper gaudichaudianum) help reduce the feelings of emotional overwhelm.